Thursday, November 28, 2013

thankfulness & how it humbles.

As I sit here on Thanksgiving morning eating pie and sipping on hot coffee in the comforts of my home, my heart strings are being pulled every which way. Joy for the life, families and freedoms the Lord has blessed us with. Shame for everything I tend to overlook in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.  But mainly this morning, I think of those who's circumstances are complete opposite of mine. Specifically, I think of the children who don't have a permanent roof over their head or a family that loves unconditionally.  I think about those same kids who long for exactly what I take for granted.  I wonder if those littles know the love that God has for them which exceeds all else or if they have ever heard the name of Jesus. & I think of what I am called to do about something that weighs so heavily on my heart.

Sometimes it's through the circumstances that we can't understand that God works to open our heart to something we, in our selfish desire, would not have pursued otherwise.  This year, he's given me a tender spirit for these orphan or unloved children. Children not birthed from me, but children who I could love as my own.  I want to live with an open door to my home to those young spirits who need a little extra love and attention.  I want to live a life seeking God's heart for the least.  I want to live with the realization that all little ones are Christ's children first and foremost & we are called to disciple them to be warriors for His kingdom.

It's my prayer this year, that He will reveal a glimpse of what he has in store for us as a family.  That he would show us his will and continue to grasp my heart in such a way that brings me to my knees in humbleness. & with that, I am thankful for the molding He does in my life & the heart for children He continues to bury deeper in my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment