Wednesday, January 23, 2013

the day of my birth

You guessed it....today is my birthday {a whole big whopping 22}!

It's pretty great, if you ask me, that my father sent me a text yesterday wishing me a happy birthday just so he could beat my mom to the punchline---sadly, he missed it by minutes. But hey, there's always next year. Keep trying, dad!

And then....more birthday texts on my actual birthday!!


The Day

I woke up way too early this morning, stumbled around the bedroom gathering my birthday outfit (including my new sweater I got for $7!), received a sleepy "happy birthday, babe" from the hubs, and then rushed off to work.

Now...everyone knew it was my birthday at work because:
1. It's decorated on my calendar.
2. I, of course, told everyone.
3. It gave them an excuse to have a lunch outing paid by the company.

Our sweet janitor even made me a cupcake and brought in some chocolates. {am I spoiled or what?...just wait, it gets better}

As I'm sitting at my desk with my feet propped up on my footstool, in my window there is a bright eyed, handsome fella with a starbucks cup, gift bag and flowers (!!). If you guessed that it was the hubs, you win a pat on the back. In he waltzes with a chai tea latte, bright colored roses and a vase. Wow, what a guy!




This evening shall consist of a birthday beverage with the neighbor lady, a smokin' hot dinner date with Cam, and then out for drinks with our duplexmates....how much fun this is going to be! Stay tuned for more pictures of our evening festivities!



No comments:

Post a Comment